Source: Food 52
I always try and have quinoa in my cupboard since it goes with so many different things and is great for lunch or dinner. Today I had some leftover kale so this recipe seemed perfect, the pilaf is healthy and really easy to make for a Sunday evening. If you start googling ‘walnut oil substitute’ as I did, read all about it here. I used olive oil, but next time (when it isn’t so late on a Sunday that I am contemplating toast as an acceptable kind of dinner) I will definitely be trying it with the walnut oil, as it will be even more delicious.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, washed and chopped into 1″ lengths
- 1 meyer lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
Read the full recipe here.