Since it is well and truly winter in Stockholm, here are some recipes perfect for such freezing days. Also perfect for a Monday because they require little to no preparation AND not too many pesky ingredients! Although the chickpea soup does need the chickpeas to be soaked the day before….so some foresight is needed but the soup itself takes minutes to prepare.
- 1 cup dry chickpeas
- 6 cups of water
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 lemons, juiced
- salt + pepper, to taste
- drizzle of olive oil
- bunch of cilantro to garnish
Read the further instructions here. Plus this is a Gwyneth Paltrow recipe so is of course super healthy (vegan/detox etc)…if you need any more motivation.
Carrot Soup with Miso and Sesames
Recipe: Smitten Kitchen
Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen is an absolute genius and if you haven’t already we suggest going to her site and spending a good few hours bookmarking some recipes! She has absolutely everything and writes instructions that are easy to follow (and also contain many hilarious anecdotes). Her carrot soup with miso and sesames is delicious and a little bit more exciting than your average soup. Plus, needs relatively few ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds (900 grams) carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 regular or 6 small garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or grated ginger, or more to taste (it could easily be doubled)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup white miso paste, or more to taste
- 2 scallions (green onion/spring onion/shallot) very thinly sliced
Read the further instructions here. And finally, if soup is a little boring (or you have had way too much of it this winter) then here is the hot chocolate of all hot chocolates to try. Perfect for a relaxing Monday evening…
Spiked Hot Chocolate
Recipe: Because I’m Addicted
- 4 oz (113 grams) good milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups milk (of your choice, thicker the better)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 oz (50ml) bourbon
Read the further instructions here.
Picture Source: Enchanting Autumn.